At the direction of the Federal Government, The Coro Club is closed as of 12pm today Monday 23rd March 2020.
We will continue to keep you updated as the weeks progress via our social media channels
Please listen to government advice and take this pandemic seriously and self isolate.
We will come back stronger than ever before and see you on the other side!
Take care everyone
From The Management, Staff & Board of Directors of The Coro Club
An important update for Members, Guests and Visitors of the Coro Club
Updated 19th March 2020. Also visit our what's on page for information regarding our regular activity.
As a community based organisation with close to 4000 members we are taking advice on COVID–19 (Corona Virus) seriously, and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors. Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the WHS Act 2011 and maintain our Duty of Care to our Staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
- All persons who have returned from overseas travel from midnight Monday 16th March 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by the government to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result will not be permitted to enter the Coro Club premises.
- All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter the Coro Club.
- All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter the Coro Club. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
- Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises.
- We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
- We encourage all Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors to practice good hygiene at all times.
The Coro Club has increased signage within the venue to inform Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors of good hygiene practices.
- The Coro Club Staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow Team Members, Members, Guests and Visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
The Coro Club will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) it is recommended that non-essential, organised outdoor gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people and non essesntial indoor gathering of100 people. While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For non-essential organised gatherings with fewer than 500 attendees, NSW Health recommends that organisers:
• remind attendees and staff not to attend if they are feeling unwell
• remind attendees and staff that they must not attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
• ensure emergency management practices are up to date
• brief staff on how to practice good hygiene and making it easy for staff and attendees to practice good hygiene
• have adequate hand washing facilities available
NSW Health also off this advice for attendees,
• stay home and not attend if you are feeling unwell
• stay home and not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
Should the advice from AHPPC change, the Coro Club will update its policy accordingly.
The Coro Club would encourage all Members, Guests and Visitors to stay up to date via our Coro Club Facebook page.
While onsite at the Coro Club Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors are encouraged to practice good personal hygiene including,
• Cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand rub.
• Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow, or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Immediately dispose of the used tissue safely.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid physical contact when greeting. Safe greeting includes a wave, a nod or a bow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Do Not handle members phones to scan loyalty cards
In addition to the above, the Coro Club will put in place the following important safety measures at the Club.
- Enhanced arrangements for workplace hygiene and cleaning protocols.
- Increasing the number of hand sanitiser stations throughout the club in effort to cover entry, exit and touch points.
- Increased frequency of cleaning touch points throughout the Club. E.g. Tables, kiosks, point of sales, button panels, ATMs, door handles and the like.
- Movable loyalty card scanner, so staff don’t handle patrons phones
We encourage attendees of organised functions and events at the Coro Club to liaise directly with those organisers, rather than the Coro Club.
Bistro 1802 @ the Coro Club
The Coro Club and 1802 @ the Coro Club are taking our responsibility seriously and have implemented a number of temporary measures at 1802 @ the Coro Club which include;
• Removal of cutlery from all tables. Cutlery will be delivered with your meals.
• Introduction of single use menus.
• Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
• Additional staff training.
• Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries.
• Removal of ‘help yourself’ sauce and cutlery stations.
Staff are conducting increased sanitation of gaming machines where possible.
Staff, Members, Visitors and Guests are expected to follow basic good hygiene practices.
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave our premises.
We asked for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality based Community Hub for all people of our Community to enjoy.
If you have any questions please seek to liaise with the Coro Club Management.
Further updates may apply.
General Manager -The Coro Club